Discuss Changing stopcock on old black plastic mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernie Hough

Hi all

I'm a relatively new plumber and this a job in my own bungalow.

I have a old stopcock that doesn't want to budge at all and my plumber landlord, also my future father in law gave me permission to change it myself and box things in a bit.

My issue is that the plumbfix and plumb centre websites don't help me out much as i'm looking for either a stopcock to fit directly onto the old black plastic mains or fitting an adapter first. The OD appears to be somewhere between 21 and 22 mm.

What would you suggest?

Thanks

2014-03-15 12.36.00.jpg

Easiest option, as you aren't charging / or paying for labour is to shut it off in the street, remove the stopcock, stick in a vice to hold it firm then undo the valve and free it off

I had a block of maisonettes to do that was all alcathene. We found the couplers (had to drive 20 miles) as 4 of the flats had siezed stoptaps so I went to turn off the block and the stop tap in the ground was siezed. Had to take up the slabs and dig it all up. 3 days before Christmas :-( those couplers are class but are a bit big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing stopcock on old black plastic mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back