Discuss Certificates - Can you legally design your own ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenzoniServices

Are you able to design your own certificates (say in Excel) and have your own numbering system or do you have to purchase them through a reputable dealer - I have brought my first batch from Gas Safety Shop (which will last me a while) but I have seen that they do differ from supplier to supplier.

Thank you

Steve

I dont think there is any law that says that you cannot.
I know a few guys that do design their own ones.You can even get software programs so they are all digital, and certs can be printed off.
As long as all the relevant information is on the form,for the task in hand ie llgsc or service etc.
TBH, I use the ones from BES. They are about a six quid per pad, and cover a multitude of tasks, also ng and lpg.

No reason why you can't design your own. As long as it's got all the required information on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As above, you need to make sure you cover all the legal requirements for the documents if they're for landlords. Your private customers I'm not sure about?? I'd imagine you can give them whatever you like *shrug*

Thankyou - I have been thinking about writing my own and linking each certificate back to a Database ? (I used to work for microsoft as a programmer, grrr, lol).

I know there have been a few posts about EasyGas (Tysoft - EasyGas Product Comparison) but nothing concrete about physical usage of their software package. Has anyone had any real life experience using this ? - Or is it just not worth the pain going computerised - just get your paperwork preprinted with your own registeration details.

software and back up is the way to go, especially as you can do it yourself, i was involved in a trail using PDA's a few years ago, and they are using the scheme now, after the initial fears of Big Brother, the guys actually like it now and greet like girls when the pda is down and they need to use paperwork, doing a cert on a PDA or ipad etc and emailing it to yourself and the customer is the way to go, a system can then be set up to trigger an repeat visit next year, the only place we should use paper now is in the loo

If you go electrionic what's the legalities on keeping records and storage..? I agree paperless is the way forwards. I have a few custards i invoice ... However there is a requirement for Tenants to have a copy with landlord certificates so paperless may not be possible there :) Also what's to stop the computer generated bumff being tampered with/coppied by the dodgy crew?

If you go electrionic what's the legalities on keeping records and storage..? I agree paperless is the way forwards. I have a few custards i invoice ... However there is a requirement for Tenants to have a copy with landlord certificates so paperless may not be possible there :) Also what's to stop the computer generated bumff being tampered with/coppied by the dodgy crew?

save it as a pdf, and paper copies could be tampered with, re the tenants copy, ask the tenant if they have an email address, if not send them a copy within 28 days

save it as a pdf, and paper copies could be tampered with, re the tenants copy, ask the tenant if they have an email address, if not send them a copy within 28 days

Have you seen how much it is to post a letter these days??? LOL ... It is certainly the way to reduce paper usage and the forests :D

Thankyou - I have been thinking about writing my own and linking each certificate back to a Database ? (I used to work for microsoft as a programmer, grrr, lol).

I know there have been a few posts about EasyGas (Tysoft - EasyGas Product Comparison) but nothing concrete about physical usage of their software package. Has anyone had any real life experience using this ? - Or is it just not worth the pain going computerised - just get your paperwork preprinted with your own registeration details.
I use this, can't reccomend it enough.

I agree that paperless is the way to go and I will. The reasons I still use paper are I am able to get the tenant to witness the job on the day by signing the certificate and I was under the impression we have to leave a copy at the property also on the day. I don't fancy carrying a printer around with me. Someone has intimated that you don't have to leave a copy on the day so discounts the printer issue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Certificates - Can you legally design your own ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock