Discuss Central heating problems since my boiler was moved to my loft. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MRAB

Before having my combi boiler moved to my loft my central heating worked fine.

The max height the water was being pumped was approx 3 metres from lowest point to highest.
Since being moved the distance is now 6 metres nearly double. The pump in the boiler is a 15 - 50 which has a 5 metre head on max speed. I think this pump cant pump a 6 metre height. I have tried closing off all rads except the last one and it does get warm, but I believe this gets warm by convection rather than a flow of water. I have tested for blockages by isolating the feed to the last rad and running mains water through is.
Done all the bleeding etc. Do you know if there is a way of upgrading the pump to a 15 - 60 and would this cure my problem or could I run a second pump somehow?

The pump head is not the problem. If it hasn't worked since you had it moved why not get the Gas Safe registered engineer that did the work for you back to sort it?

Think if would be a lot cheaper for you to get someone in who knows about system layouts and can diagnose your problem correctly

imho

Because a non gas safe plumber/friend moved it, then got a gas safe plumber to connect up to the gas and test.
I was trying to save money but Hey Ho. What height should a 15 50 combi boiler be able to pump?
Can you give me any idea what the problem may be?
Is there a way to fit a second pump?

Is it noisy?

Chances are its air causing the issue, if its an old combi, has the auto bleed vent been checked etc?

if it worked ok before then it should work ok again, provided it wasnt thrown around too much in the process.

Like the others, would definately recommend you bite the bullet and get someone who know what they are doing..... it will always save you money in long run!

If I was u before even thinking about the CH etc I would check that the install meets all requirements and that it is operating safely, chances are that if not installed by a GS Engineer it probably wont!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating problems since my boiler was moved to my loft. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock