Discuss Cash payment is morally wrong!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we just stop killing each other? Make a pact around the world to resolve disagreements amicably over a pint or have a barny outside! That would save us a hefty wodge! Then the odd homer/back hander wouldn't be such an issue .. IMHO :)

If only it were that simple. I personally think humans are the best and the worst thing about the planet we share.

Some people are so kind, and thoughtful, and generous....it makes you glad to be alive and gives you faith in the human spirit.

Then you drive down the road and some wazza in an Audi cuts you up and flicks you the bird. :) That's life, that's people.

I have a saying, my mantra....Love many, trust few...always paddle your own canoe. Seems to be working out for me.

When computers run the whole operation, then there will be few get outs.

I might do a job for a neighbour and charge him a box of beer, how do you tax that?

I bartered with someone recently. I fixed their boiler, they sorted my garden. I dunno. I'm off to bed. Been drinking Johhny Walker Black label, now I feel like fighting the syetem.

I'll wake up in the morning and dock in like everyone else!!

We're easy targets, plumbers tax amnesty etc.

Vodafone was recently let off over £7bn worth of tax in a deal with HMRC.

But we are found to miss an invoice out or forget to declare a visit to the scrap man and we are criminals. Bunch of fools the lot of them

We dont do cheques or credit/debit card payments for small jobs under £100 just lolly
we always give a printed reciept. UNLESS its a regular - usually one of our oldies
who must not keep cash at home.

Mind you some of our long standing customers have the bank numbers and just pay in when were done

centralheatking

sorry mr mp just paid sparky cash and my joiner 600 cash as i dont own a cheque book .perhaps i should pay him in green shied stamps or tescos vouchers next time as im sure no mp would try to defraud on their expenses sorry i mean tax,i dont give two hoots if thay declare it or not i got quote for job and i pays cash job done

how dare you!!

you make me sick, mr!.....

i have never met you before, you phone me up and demand i come straight away, i then do you a favour and call between jobs then only charge you £50 when it should of been £60 as i was passing by anyway.
you then have the audacity to then offer me cash for the work i did for you, cash??. i say your attitude stinks and i think your ethos towards my services that i have supplied for you are totally immoral sir.
why is it always the same with you people at the inland revenue who think you can insult hard working people like myself by paying in cash because you cant be rsed as it takes more effort to write a cheque????eh!.
dont ever call my number again you hear?......

on the other hand..my customer base is slowly growing just like the economy and the cockups of the coalition government !...

It would be okay if people where all treated equally. Perhaps people would not mind declaring everything they earned then. But when, the more you have seems to be the more you can get away with, those on less look at you and perhaps think "That's the way to do it!"
Its also possibly a ploy to divert attention from all the off shore tax avoidance schemes the big banks are offering and many big companies seem to be taking advantage of. A few years ago an investigation into "backhanders" by BA systems was stopped in the national interest. Seems if you do things on a big enough scale its okay.

And yes lets be honest the possibility that undeclared cash payments and income are probably rampant through out the economy. The only way we would find out is if everybody was forced to publicly declare all their income and have it published with all details of any bank accounts and all cash payments by anybody for anything of any kind over £5 recorded with a dated receipt.

I would imagine no chance of that, probably cost billions to check. Its simply a matter of "Are we prepared to be honest?" not "They do it why not me!" then putting in regulations to ensure people are honest as far as possible. The problem is a good accountant seems to get around anything. We should perhaps make it illegal to break the intent of the regulation rather than the written law of it. Somebody once asked a lawyer why the law was written in such a long rambling way. The lawyer said, we have to write it so nobody can say it is saying something else and try to get it to mean something else. I suppose he was saying "Tax avoidance" is quite legal but it is perhaps not what we meant to happen when we wrote the law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you not think cash payment is less prevalent now? Gone are the days of 90% of the workforce getting a little brown envelope every friday and now it's once a month into the bank.

It's all just smoke and mirrors, let's get people talking about something other than the real issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cash payment is morally wrong!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock