Currently reading:
Cash payment is morally wrong!!!

Discuss Cash payment is morally wrong!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plumber jailed for a year over £50,000 tax dodge as HMRC cracks down on evasion | This is MoneySo i was reading that article. A chap did not register his earnings. He got caught.
Then i picked up on this snipped from the article:

‘HMRC is clamping down on plumbers and those in other trades who attempt to commit tax evasion, and the sentence given to Careswell will act as a deterrent.’

What about the MPs that fiddled their expenses? At best they offerd to pay back what they shouldnt have taken in the first place! As for bankers fixing the figures, next to no action at all appart from a resignation here and there and a life living off vast earnings for the rest of their days. (with barclays STILL set to make over 4 billion in profit amist all this scandal)

Surely these "deterrents" should start at the very top. After all the people at the top get the biggest media coverage and exposure, if examples are to be made out of people those same examples should apply to them, after all they govern and make the rules and the other holds the economy of this country in its hands as far as im concerned.

so,
whats the point/?

he goes to jail for a year for not paying £50k (he must have a large business), it cost the tax payer about that for him to be there!.
he then comes out and as he lost his job and is no longer employable he gets dole, income support, tax credits, mortgage paid no council tax etc. because he has been on the rock-n-role for some time, he then gets various re-train to gain packages to boost his employability prospects etc, etc.

who pays and was it worth it????????????????????????????????

It would have made more sense to have given him a Community Sentence with an order to pay off the £50k over a period of time.

He could have kept his business going, which would have enabled him to pay regular installments off the £50k, and he could have done community work using his skills to help out OAPs who can't afford a plumber.

it's obvious why this @rsehole thinks it's morally wrong to pay tradesmen cash in hand,

if mp's paid cash in hand, they would'nt get an invoice, which means they could'nt claim the repair to the swimming pool in their second home back from the taxpayer.

When MPs get caught out, it's always called: "an error of judgement", for which they apologise, and they might pay the money back.

Then a few days later one their cronies will be on the BBC praising them up for being "so honourable and honest" in owning up to their responsibilites to the public - as if they'd had a crisis of conscience and owned up to the fiddle, rather than having been outted by the press!

I often switch the radio off now when they start spinning such BS - why waste your battery on having your intelligence insulted.

I keep hoping Paxman will lose it one day, and stop one of them mid sentence saying: "LOOK, we've heard enough of this BS, try telling the ******* truth for once in your life!"

No doubt if he does get tempted, the thought of his fat salary cheque pulls him back from the brink.

I don't like Gordon Ramsay much, but if a TV company were to give Ramsay a late night political chat show, I'd be sure to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cash payment is morally wrong!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock