Discuss Can you use two washer together? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Or will water get out through the microscopic gap between the two washers?

I imagine the application and water pressure might be factors.

So say, for instance, 2 x 3/4" washers on the connectors for a bar mixer shower

I've had to use two washers before and it worked. It was on outlet of an electric shower. I did the bathroom and they wanted to re-use the shower.

It wasn't my doing, that's how it was fitted and I just put it back as it was. Crap but it worked!

The outlet of a shower has an open end. So no pressure really.

yes you can use two washers ive done it when there wasnt enough thread left on a bar mixer

Done it before! Smear a bit of paste of face of joining washer if your worried.

Works on washing machine valves and hoses under mains pressure for Me ...regards Turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you use two washer together? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock