Discuss british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vauxhall04

on the 11 of last month we had new boiler fitted by british gas all worked well for a month,the fitter put the condensation pipe into the wc waste pipe
and filled it with filler we didnot no this till we emptyed the bath one night and had water leaking down the wall from the joint call british gas back out to do repair it took them 7days to come out to do repair ,they put more filler on the joint and its still leaking,had a new fitter out and he has put a advice notice on the boiler saying the flue is not angled back correctly,but my pipe is still leaking ,any one no what i can do about this british gas dontwant to no,

Last edited by a moderator:
on the 11 of last month we had new boiler fitted by british gas all worked well for a month,the fitter put the condensation pipe into the wc waste pipe
and filled it with filler we didnot no this till we emptyed the bath one night and had water leaking down the wall from the joint call british gas back out to do repair it took them 7days to come out to do repair ,they put more filler on the joint and its still leaking,had a new fitter out and he has put a advice notice on the boiler saying the flue is not angled back correctly,but my pipe is still leaking ,any one no what i can do about this british gas dontwant to no,

This is not acceptable, all work is guaranteed, demand a senior engineer or manager calls to inspect the work and correct any defects. British gas are now regulated by the FSA and any complaints can cost the company thousands so a manager will do everything in he's power to stop a complaint.

Well OP, it doesn't seem BG are interested in "Helping YOUR World" now that they've had YOUR money.

Maybe call a local gas engineer. Ask friends and family for a good reccomendation. A small local business might value your custom more highly that a national corporation.

Sorry, that was out of order, but really. You won't find many people on here defending them. You seem the lone voice of support!

For what it's worth, I personally know they employ some trully brilliant engineers. But its a game of numbers and they also employ a lot of bad engineers.

Don't like BG as I have know a few lads work for them and leave as they r told to do the hard sell To evey1 pushing to sell things that aint needed ! Not heard a great problem with there work mind

A high percentage of installation work is carried out by contractors, was this the case here or was there a British Gas van on the job? As I said earlier, demand this is put right, British Gas aren't always perfect but I can assure you they will always put the job right. Can you look on the paperwork for a work request number and pm me, I will make sure you are looked after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back