Discuss Boxing gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Bloke wants to open and use an understairs cupboard and wanted a water pipe moving so it could be boarded/ skimmed over. Issue is there is the gas cooker pipe running tight alongside the cold main and so the boarding would now make this a cavity. Can't really move the gas as it is tight to the wall and disappears into the kitchen wall.
Suggested a boxing penny vented where the gas runs along the base of the wall.
The bloke asked if he can still board to the floor and vent that (understairs cupboard size).
Any thoughts/suggestions?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410704508104.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410704508104.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 62
  • uploadfromtaptalk1410704521665.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410704521665.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 60
The gas pipe on second pic is on th top.
Gas pipe on first pic comes through brick wall unsleeved at the bottom. The pipe coming through top of brick wall is the water pipe he wanted moving.

tape the gas pipe and have it dabbed in, like you dont see on your normal days work ;)

Lol, thought about that but runs tight against wall with cold main and electrical trunking. Unable to tape because of this.

Rip it out and re-run it. For starters pipe is not sleeved and its touching the wall without be protected against corrosion, because the wrong clips have been used.

Rip it out and re-run it. For starters pipe is not sleeved and its touching the wall without be protected against corrosion, because the wrong clips have been used.

The entire gas carcass is nail clipped in the garage and neither the cooker, fire or boiler pipework is sleeved where they disappear through different walls. Where do you stop? I expect the whole street has been done exactly the same. I only went to move an outside tap pipe lol.

British gas service my sisters boiler every year under contract and the carcass is nail clipped all along the outside wall with no protection and a black bin bag covers the exposed meter. What gets rectified......nothing.

I think he should board down to a timber above the pipework and have a removeable wood panel with penny vents.
Needs access to the stop tap anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boxing gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock