Discuss Boiler Heat Exchanger busted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m still not convinced there’s sludge. Nothing has proved it other than a dirty loft tank

That is cheap for them. So let me get this straight they came out replaced the radiators for you? Stirred up a load of muck in the system and then cut you off saying the boiler is unsafe. I would be more inclined to think it’s an airlock if some of the radiators are getting some warmth
Pimlico doing an hour for £90
wow..Charlie and Scott Mullins are losing their touch. Normally .inside m25 £125.00 plus vat must have been a quiet day
maybe they were at the racing again ...respect they built a brand and in london it works for some. I understand Pimlico works on demand and price , they need so much work per day to satisfy the vans, if its hot...full price but quiet times there is a deal to be made..they are all
gsr and paying central london charges and traffic time so why not
centralheatking

Last edited:
Neither am I Riley. Only thing I realised, when I went onto the second rad it took a while to heat up even tho one side was hot and the top was hot and the bottom was tepid, but after an hour or so it got there eventually so... Idk...

And everyone will continue to not know until a water quality test is done so recommend this to determine next course of action and only then can you make an informed decision on what path is best to take. Both financially and logically.

Depends on definition on plumber.

If they're are well versed with heating systems and regularly maintaing them then yes. If they are just ones who repair leaks and change rads then they may not even know what you're asking. But if you've got your "gas dude" (don't remember reading relation so purely using only term I could remember you saying lol) then they should be able to do one for you.

He's coming round in the next 10 minutes. He used to work for BG and did the original plumbing for this place so... I'll wag my finger and question lol

Make sure he’s gas safe first

Reply to Boiler Heat Exchanger busted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock