Discuss Boiler Flue damged new soffit fascia boards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sva19

I have had new plastic soffit fascia fitted and my boiler in in my garage and the flue comes out the back of it.

See pic
IMG_1376.jpg picture by sva19 - Photobucket

Within one day of the new soffit fascia been installed it has already twisted / melted the soffit,

see pic.
IMG_1375.jpg picture by sva19 - Photobucket

I has originally just put a put a metal plate to protect it but it seems it does not healp. Right now I have put as much as I can - wood / mental/ brick to protect the soffit.

Is there some product out there that can protect the soffit from the heat of the flue?

Any advise on what I can do, don't want a large expense?

the first thing is remove everything you have put on the flue, you have just made it into an Immediately Dangerous situation, further advice will be posted as soon as everybody see's your photo's

Ok, I have remove all wood.

Ch is off at the moment and I will only put on for 15-20 mins in morning for hot water.

thanks

WEll unfortunately you need a gas Safe Engineer Immediatly !!!
Flue is too close to soffit . DO NOT USE.

excellent, might be you will have to get the soffitt installers back and put something else there,

Get a decent piece of stainless steel (1000mm/1 metre long) get it bent around fascias and gutters etc and fix it to the underside of the fascias!

Or get the company back who fitted the fascias and get them to sort it out!!

WEll unfortunately you need a gas Safe Engineer Immediatly !!!
Flue is too close to soffit . DO NOT USE.

This flue has been there since house built 20 years ago. When I had CH cover from Brit Gas they serviced it , no problem. They only gave advice to protect the wood of the fascia , where I di not a piece of metal .

The facia people should have realised, did it have a heat reflector on before?

I have called the fascia company to look at it. Should they be responsible for putting the right sort of fascia / protector where a flue is present?

I have got a stainless steel mental plate but not 1 meter long. I will suggest to fascia thet they need to cover the whole of the fascia/ soffit with 1 metre of stainless steel protector.

Do any one have any photos of where they is done, so I can get ideas?

your best bet is get the soffitt people back tell them it is a problem and let them sort it out, you have paid for a service and are not happy with it,

The heat guard is just the wired grill, this will not protect the heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Flue damged new soffit fascia boards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock