Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bleed screw on baxi bahama100 water pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

morgi27

Hi guys
Could anyone give me any info on the water pump bleed
Screw on baxi 100, I need to release air from pump after draining and there is no silver screw on
The front to use only a black plastic cap which pulls off and a small nut in the middle
Is this it??? Or not
Cheers Michael

There isn't a bleed screw as such, the Bahama has an Auto -Vent situated outside of the boiler case on the top front right ... Usually a little black plastic cap on a brass vent that you loosen.! Is this what you mean?

The front to use only a black plastic cap which pulls off and a small nut in the middle
Is this it

The black plastic cap should turn the nut beneath to allow air from the pump. Should be finger tight but never are, you may have to turn nut with spanner.

Do it with boiler off and cold as water will come out, better if it's not hot. Have a drip tray and cloth ready. The nut headed screw is captive, it won't come fully out.

Thanks for reply guys I know about the auto vent
On the top, the black cap is loose so do i leave it loose or have to do anything else?
Has for the black cap over the nut do I just loosen it till it's loose and air/water comes out, has I unscrewed it so far and no air or water!
Cheers

Thanks for reply guys I know about the auto vent
On the top, the black cap is loose so do i leave it loose or have to do anything else?
Has for the black cap over the nut do I just loosen it till it's loose and air/water comes out, has I unscrewed it so far and no air or water!
Cheers

You can take it right off if you wish but it's better off left loose to stop anything blocking the breather hole. You may get the odd hiss or spray of water but otherwise it should stay dry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleed screw on baxi bahama100 water pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock