Discuss Bit of a strange visit from Gas safe.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
GS guy sounds a proper muppet, i would have to dust off my tcbs before an inspection, what does it matter how you drop the gas pressure? the gas has gotta come out some way. Thats a controlled escape of gas through the tube

tbh it doesnt really matter as its earthed before hand (via bonding ) once meter is off its earth via fly lead, then meters back on and being earthed (via bonding)

but dont forget the meter bracket is metal so unless your changing the anaconda or meter union its earthed anyway

Well its this that Ive quizzed him on. He had to remove the meter to replace some pipework, so hes put on his temp bonding in the order ive said and placed the meter outside.

The guy even had the cheek to compliment him on purging through a cooker :59:

Hopefully we can find out more tomorrow, I jusg think its terrible that some guy has someone worried for nothing really. I thought the days of the assesors being tools had gone....

The inspector sounds like a right power crazed jobsworth. sounds like he's trying to justify his wage.

Well its this that Ive quizzed him on. He had to remove the meter to replace some pipework, so hes put on his temp bonding in the order ive said and placed the meter outside.

The guy even had the cheek to compliment him on purging through a cooker :59:

Hopefully we can find out more tomorrow, I jusg think its terrible that some guy has someone worried for nothing really. I thought the days of the assesors being tools had gone....

tell the lad not to worrie if thats all hes been picked up on hes fine, and will get sorted

Cheers lads. Just spoken with him and told him not to worry.
I will let you know what happens tomorrow.

so the lad has passed his exams and the inspector says he doesnt know enough, they are supposed to be there to check your safe no more no less not make you do another set of exams, pratt

So an update.

Our boss spoke with the assessor this morning, the assessor ISNT reporting the lad for anything. It would appear that he almost nearly forgot to LDF the test nipple, but before being prompted he checked it.

With regards the temporary bonding the lad has clipped his temp cable onto the actual ecv. The assessor said that if he had been removing the ECV this WOULD have been an issue but as he wasn't there wasn't a problem.

Can someone just confirm that placing the temp
bond clip onto the ECV isn't an issue when working on pipework? As stated yesterday it's in between the ECV entry and the outlet, so there shouldn't be any issue there should there?

Anyway, apart from that the assessor said he was more than happy with what the lad done, and was a little bemused as to why the lad thought he was being reported when the assessor was only giving examples of issues that could arise.

To me it seems like maybe the asessor has said something and the lad has either misinterpreted it? Either way he's a happy bunny this morning.

I'm guessing he got a bit stressed yesterday. I still suspect the guy assessing him was maybe a bit more arsey than he was on the phone this morning to our boss, but either way it would appear it's all ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bit of a strange visit from Gas safe.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back