Discuss Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants a chance of winning a pair of Redbacks and you are a member of the Tiling forums then head over and join in.....no swearing or abuse please
[DLMURL="http://www.tilersforums.co.uk/tiling-tools/67381-game-3-free-redback-knee-pads.html"]Game 3 Free Redback Knee pads | Tiling Forum | Tilers Forum[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can second the Redbacks. They don't look like they will be comfortable at all but they are, and good support. I've dislocated my knee before, so don't really like kneeling on it at all but with these it is fine. They are a little on the heavy side i suppose

I can't wait to get me some floorlayer trousers and pads

Snickers floor layers rip like a paper bag. Knee pads are brilliant but the pants ur supposed to buy cost a bomb and rip really easy. The rip stop just means instead of a flap you end up with a silt from arse to ankle.

Snickers floor layers rip like a paper bag. Knee pads are brilliant but the pants ur supposed to buy cost a bomb and rip really easy. The rip stop just means instead of a flap you end up with a silt from arse to ankle.

Rubbish
wear them all time and best by far

Small tear caused by a boiler casing when removing old boiler last week. I bought 2 pairs about July 13. Last pair now in need of repair. The old heavy gauge ones are much better but now buying Strauss direct pants and snickers knee pads.
ehy4u6aj.jpg

Small tear caused by a boiler casing when removing old boiler last week. I bought 2 pairs about July 13. Last pair now in need of repair. The old heavy gauge ones are much better but now buying Strauss direct pants and snickers knee pads.
ehy4u6aj.jpg

There not the floorlayers trousers
I only wear the old 5223

New improved design is crap need old 5223 hard to get but still available if your persistent with searching

I got the redbacks in the end, they are so much better than those foam ones employers give you. Only thing I would suggest is if they had a small gel pad where your knees rest on the inside to make it a bit more comfortable when kneeling for long periods. As after a while you start to feel the hexagon shapes they are made out of bedding into your knees a little. But still the best knee pads I have used so far. £18 of amazon and seem like they will last the year.

Gave up on kneepads and bought a gel kneeling mat. Not cheap but by far more comfortable and you can also use it to sit on when working in cramped conditions.

Never had an issue before but after this housemaids knee crap I'm sawing them off next time.

geda8ajy.jpg

I once worked with a guy who got that housemaids knee.
He's not here now :sad:

Apart from the 2nd degree burns I once had. Nothing more painful.

Too much church I told the doc but she didn't believe me...

I had that happen to me last year but it was after a fall playing squash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back