Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Benchmark certificate - is it enough? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling our house and our buyers solicitor have asked for the building regs compliance certificate for a boiler which was fitted in Nov 2005. I've only got the benchmark certificate which the installer gave me when he fitted it. I contacted him and he said it was definitely registered with Corgi at the time, but for some reason I didn't get sent a building regs certifcate.
Can a certifcate be applied for - is it essential? It says on the front of the benchmark certificate that it can be accepted as evidence of compliance with building regs - but I guess that's not proof it was registered. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
You should be able to contact your local building authority to re send you
your certificate.

go online to your local council, look at the planning approvals for your address.
if it was registered it will be on there, likely that it was not registered.
usually a home owner certificate would be enough to show the appliance is in a safe condition so as to satisfy the solicitor.

Was there a requirement to register with building control in 2005?

ADLI-B came into force April 6 2006 was there a requirement prior to this?

I have had this before.A customer selling a house with an 8 month old boiler was told by solicitor she needed a gas compliance cert from building regs,when i queried it for her,i was told the installation hadnt been notified to gas safe by the installer so no building regs cert was given.Luckily the solicitor agreed that if i carried out a safety cert they would take that

Thanks for the replies. Enquired with my local council and the gas safe helpline, and as suspected, the boiler was never registered.

As this was clearly the installer's fault, is he obliged to do anything to rectify this? He is still trading and registered but I get the feeling he won't want to know.

Hopefully a gas safety inspection certificate will be acceptable - if not, what other options do I have?

Just pay for an indemnity policy which will cost you about £25. That way the buyer has a policy they can claim on should an issue ever arise. Happens all the time, just ask you solicitor to sort it for you.

Spoke to the installer who was pretty helpful and although fairly sure he submitted the paperwork, he admitted it was his responsibility it didn't arrive.

He's agreed to inspect and issue a gas safety certificate on the hob and boiler free of charge in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Benchmark certificate - is it enough? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock