Discuss Begineers Help - Make of Tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeadInTheClouds

I need to replace the cold tap value for this tap.
I didn;t know however that the values are all different types.

So I can buy a new value - could someone help me identify the manufacturer and model of this tap please.

20130627_000242.jpg

Many thanks

Alex

doesn't look like one I recognise, Others on here may be able to help you out on that but if you are able to be locally isolate It I would isolate both hot and cold and take the cartridge out and down to a decent plumbers merchant they should be able to sort you out

From my experiance over the years I find just replacing the whole tap is easier as I have spent many hours emailing tap manufacturers trying to find out if I can get the cartridges.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advise!

doesn't look like one I recognise, Others on here may be able to help you out on that but if you are able to be locally isolate It I would isolate both hot and cold and take the cartridge out and down to a decent plumbers merchant they should be able to sort you out

I tried this though no one could recognise it. The ones I spoke to recommended identifying the tap manufacturer.
I looked at lots of pictures of taps online (I never realised how many tap models there are) but couldn't work it out.
Hence this attempt :)

From my experiance over the years I find just replacing the whole tap is easier as I have spent many hours emailing tap manufacturers trying to find out if I can get the cartridges.

I am coming around to this way of thinking! If this forum gives me no answers that is next step.
I naively thought fixing this would be easy....

Isolate the tap and take a cartridge out, it may have information about the manufacturers marked on it.

This is a great idea, but when I looked there is nothing.

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

Alex

I have replaced cartridges in a tap very similar to this. It was a Hansgrohe Axor Stark but I am sure I found the name on the tap itself. Check it out for yourself, I don't want to mislead you and cost you money buying the wrong item.

I have replaced cartridges in a tap very similar to this. It was a Hansgrohe Axor Stark but I am sure I found the name on the tap itself. Check it out for yourself, I don't want to mislead you and cost you money buying the wrong item.

Thank you - that looks like the exact model.

I will investigate further and update the thread with the hopefully final update for completeness.

Thanks all again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Begineers Help - Make of Tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock