Discuss Been asked to convert existing gravity HW to fully pumped system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Usual thing, existing floor standing gas boiler is pumped for CH and running into a 28mm cylinder coil for DHW.

I am planning on capping off the CH flow and return at the boiler and converting the system into a y-plan fully pumped system.

Question for all. I realise the pipework is in 28mm for decent circulation by gravity. Is there any reason why I can't fit a 22mm y-plan kit then just use a 22/28 reducer after the valve to connect on to the existing 28mm?

I can't see a problem with this but wanted to check with people who have more experience of doing this than I!

S Plan, Y Plan, W Plan, S plan Plus, C Plan, U Plan, c'mon none of them are rocket science, any decent sparx can do those

Yay I got a bite. I am a spark and I am happy wiring them all in :)

That's an easy one. I'm not a gas safe engineer so I am a sparks first :) I don't do gas :)

I would say I am a plumber first before a spark as that's the trade I started in first!

I go from one gsr to the next to be honest. Most I find seem to have a real bee in their bonnet about subcontracting to a non-gsr plumber!

To be honest I keep busy enough doing all the non-gas and electrical work. It would be nice to do the gas work but it's pretty much an closed off market under the current training requirements. But don't get me going on that again, it annoys me so much lol.

I go from one gsr to the next to be honest. Most I find seem to have a real bee in their bonnet about subcontracting to a non-gsr plumber!

To be honest I keep busy enough doing all the non-gas and electrical work. It would be nice to do the gas work but it's pretty much an closed off market under the current training requirements. But don't get me going on that again, it annoys me so much lol.

i might be able to help you there thinking about it.

Hmm yes. We chatted about that before if I remember rightly. I think we suggested a swap of skills both ways round right? The only issue was we were a bit too far apart if I remember right?

I've past so much work to the gas fitter I've used recently and not even had so much as a thanks back to be honest. It's frustrating me rather a lot.

I guess it helps that we rarely do new installations, it's always a retrofit and so first thing is working out what the *** is going on - Took 20 mins to find the pump on an existing rayburn install (biomass upgrade..) the other day - even the owner couldn't remember -- found it in the back of the corner cupboard, looking at those valves, guess he's going to need a new kitchen as well by the time we've managed to isolate it all ...... Becasue of the capital cost of our installations, we then end up having to sort out all the existing hot water and heating zoning issues, so we've seen pretty much everything so far..
Aparrently they had considered that corner of the cupboard 'dead space' so they put the pumps in etc before they fitted the cabinets mmmm....

1-IMG_4275.jpg

Hmm yes. We chatted about that before if I remember rightly. I think we suggested a swap of skills both ways round right? The only issue was we were a bit too far apart if I remember right?

Yup and im getting busier so i dont want to take my foot off the pedel now.

i do however have a friend who qualified for his gas but lost his job, didn't have the balls to go SE.
so he works in a nightclub and he hates his life!!!

I'd put money on him willing to do near anything to get back on the tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Been asked to convert existing gravity HW to fully pumped system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock