Discuss baxi Bermuda 51/5 boiling over in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert large

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Going to look at a problem with the above boiler tomorrow & just wanted to ask if anyone had experienced similar problems with the same back boiler. It is on a modern Y plan & seems to work ok when on hot water but when the heating is on it seems to be boiling over after around 2 hrs of operation.

With the older back boilers I would obviously look at changing the boiler stat phial first but these have a PCB & I think from memory the control rheo stat & the phial wires go into the PCB seperately. Just wondered if antone had had the same problems & if it was the stat, phial or PCB. Another possibility is the gas valve sticking when it gets a bit hot.

Cheers, Martin.

You're right regards the stat wiring straight into the pcb Martin... Could be all the rads on trv's and no bi-pass? ..... 1st thoughts :) I'd be quizing the custard a load to try and focus on where the issue may lie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi Bermuda 51/5 boiling over in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock