Discuss Baxi 80 eco continuosly trying to fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B.gilbey

I have a rather old 80eco that is intermittant, it attempts to fire then shuts off, a few seconds later the same, after a few times it lights for a second or two then shuts down. Does anyone have the resistance reading across the temp sensor so i check that? Have searched through here to try and find it but either not here or im doing something wrong lol would appreciate any help possible due to being totally skint and christmas wont wait till next year. I am a competent technician but not with boilers, so can check the basics armed with the expected readings and if this doesnt help, well will need a professional. Thanks for any help you may have, Brian

I wouldnt be looking at the temp sensor.
probably something common, simple and cheap on the gas side, think you need an engineer to have a look.

All wiring connections, thermal cutout and all microswitches to ensure no/nc where applicable, had the diapragm and microswitch replaced about 6 months back due to not firing at all. And the divertor cleaned and greased. Any help appreciated :) thanks for your reply, Brian

Microswitch's no/nc 0ohms? Makes a difference coz high readings can confuse the PCB? 11k ohms for your sensors by the way cold/room temp :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply napper :) that was what I was hoping wasnt going to be the answer but know realistically its what I will prob have to do. I guess a big hammer isnt going to work either lol

16.6KOhms at the sensor, is that too high as will cause fault or is thst within tolerance? Thanks

It's a Negative Temp Coefficient (NTC) resistor so reduces with temp rise. (I think that's what it means:)) Depends on the temp of the water it's sensing to be honest ... I wouldn't be too concerned with 16k if the water was cold :)

Thanks for your help, following baxi fault diagnosis it points towards pcb but not replacing that without professional assessment :( looks like im getting a boiler repair for christmas, i hate useful prezzies lol is there anyone you could recommend around middlesbrough area please? Thanks

Ill try to be more helpfull.
have you checked all the connections you can to make sure all terminals are clean?
is it working at all heating or HW or does it only try to fire?

All connections are clean and dry (removed and reconnected every connection accessible) and does the same for ch and dhw

Not a huge distance but a bit far all the same for me :) .... I think MissPlumb is around your area?

I'd agree you need to get someone out to take a look to be honest ... intermitents can be a pain ... but as Napper said earlier, it could be something pretty simple a GSR engineer will be able to set straight ASAP :)

Thanks for all your efforts guys, really appreciate your time :) have a great christmas, Brian

soz couldnt help any more
that unit has quite allot behind the 'gas seal'

its likely something a good guy will fix for next to nothing

Merry christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 80 eco continuosly trying to fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock