Search the forum,

Discuss base of boiler filled with oil ......what is going on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just quickly...fitted a new Riello 40 burner about 5 weeks ago and all was fine until get call today to say customer had run out of oil but since oil delivery the burner was not firing up. Thought might be just a quick case of bleeding the pump but when I got there I found the base of the boiler full of oil maybe an inch deep.
Not seen this before - has the solenoid valve remained open allowing oil to seep thro the nozzle? Looks like a major clean up job tomorrow...

Any help much appreciated

thanks

APCDAVE

Seen this before where the boiler was overaired and snuffing the flame before it could ignite. Also, thake a sheet of 13mm ceraboard with you to replace the base.

Simple to prove if it is passing through the pump, - just pull the burner out, (electric off!) point the blast tube upwards & dry the end of nozzle with tissue paper & watch it for a minute to see if oil rises out.

Last edited:
Can't be ram leaking if the oil is inside the boiler shell.
You do get the odd idiot who presses the lockout button a thousand times in a few hours, "just in case it might start" & puts oil inside the boiler.

Well I've just got back from this one - even with the power off , oil was seeping thro the nozzle. I changed the solenoid but this did not fix it - even changed the control box but still no change. What else could it be boys? Surely not just the nozzle?

You say you fitted a complete new Riello 40 burner? It will have a 12 month warranty, so it should be fixed or replaced free of charge.
The solenoid valve (the stem), not the solenoid, may be faulty. Might be best with a whole oil pump, but will you get it free if you change it yourself?
What height is the oil tank above the burner?
Piece of advice, - rather that fit a Riello 40 burner, use an Electroil Sterling burner IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to base of boiler filled with oil ......what is going on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock