Search the forum,

Discuss Back boiler thermostat settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smudgebiscuit

Hi all,

I'm new on here so be gentle!!!

We have just moved into a rented property with a Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 (50/4e) back boiler. It has a tehermostat knob under the fire that just says low-high. There is a room thermostat in the hallway which we have set at 20 degrees. None of the radiators have TRVs. My question is what setting should the back boiler thermostat be on? Rooms are all warm, except our bedroom-always a bit chilly even though it's been bled and is getting very hot-just doesn't seem to heat room up? Just wanted to know is it better to turn each radiator down, have back boiler thermostat high or low etc??
Many thanks for any advice :)

set the stat on the boiler just down from high control the output from your room stat and cylinder stat the room stat will vary according to your heat requirements anywhere between 20-23 the cylinder stat should be on 60

Thank for your reply....so it's more efficient to have the boiler stat set higher?

Thank for your reply....so it's more efficient to have the boiler stat set higher?
yes but not on full that way the system(s) warm up as fast as possible,but the external thermostats tap the output ie turn it off,with a back boiler its going to be slow and inefficient whatever you do,but they dont break down as much as modern boilers they are very reliable 3 important safety tips though ensure it gets serviced annually,get a Honeywell co alarm, do not block the ventilation provided for it,yes i know its cold but block it and the flue can not work properly and you risk killing yourself or another family member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back boiler thermostat settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock