Discuss back boiler flue damage???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
im after sayin that i spokr to 2 of the biggest flue installer companies out there and they said it was ok to do...i came on here for more advice and im getting barraged with abuse...

does not matter who you spoke to, they cant decide the regulations and you cant make them up to suit your own needs.

do ya honestly think im gonna give you my number....look ive changed me mind...im just saying i was told by the flue installers that it was ok...i'll tell them they need to get it re-lined...i was just asking why it was unsafe if it was sealed thats all...i wasnt getting any answers back just abuse..couldnt be arsed anymore

Go and reread posts 10, 12 and 14 and then tell me again where you've not been told why it'd be an illegal installation.

What's your gsr number?

does not matter who you spoke to, they cant decide the regulations and you cant make them up to suit your own needs.

im not making them up to suit my needs...doesnt bother me whether its relined or not, the owner wanted to see if there was other options and thats what im doing...at least im asking rather than just doing...im a wall hung boiler installer...only installed a few back boilers so i came on here for some advice

Go and reread posts 10, 12 and 14 and then tell me again where you've not been told why it'd be an illegal installation.

What's your gsr number?

i just told you im tellin the owner to reline it...

Was written and posted at the same time as your post. Glad you finally saw sense and listened.

Now wind your neck in.

im not making them up to suit my needs...doesnt bother me whether its relined or not, the owner wanted to see if there was other options and thats what im doing...at least im asking rather than just doing...im a wall hung boiler installer...only installed a few back boilers so i came on here for some advice

so if you have almost no experience why be so dissmissive about the replys you got from experienced engineers? You could have phoned gas safe and got shot down, you could have phoned the manfacture and got shot down. You got advise from here and argue?? you should know that as an engineer you stick to the regulations for good reason. It would have not been hard for you to find the the answer yourself if you wanted to look through your regs,tech books.

ive been on so many sites about this its doing my head in....2 big companies are tellin me its ok...but i still checked the MI spec...it didnt say anything about the flue in iit..i went onto a load of flue sites and didnt get much info...im just on here looking for advice pal..not on here for agro...again i state,i couldnt be arsed if i have to reline the flue im not being argumentative but when im being threatened its a different story....i was just stating what ive been recommended, but because even after the recommendation i still wasnt happy i wanted to consult this forum to make sure...give me abit of respect

what if i get a 45 degree spigot off the boiler, attach a new flue piece, insert it into the damaged one after cutting the damaged piece off obviously, insert it up a couple of feet and put a heat resistant sealant around the gap...sorted.....no?

have you completed CCN1? this is fundamental safety and is covered in various modules of training, complete flue liner, one entry point for air and one exit point for POC's

whats wrong with using an adjustible flue liner elbow and attaching onto a spigot..explain "no letal" when its gonna be sealed up?

its not allowed thats why, listen to the expert advice you are being given here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to back boiler flue damage???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock