Discuss back boiler flue damage???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt explain it right....i want to put the new flue up as far into the old one as possible and seal it up..how will that come apart if its properly sealed...i want like a 45 degree turret bend comin off the outlet of the boiler and fire cement the new flue into the turret

As stated in BS5440, a flexible flue liner should rise from the appliance in one continuous length from the top of the appliance.
Regardless of what the flue manufactures say (they won't give you it in writing), that is the rules we should follow.
Whether you choose to do that or not is your responsibility.

well im gonna do it and do the spillage and co tests and ive been in contact with 2 major flue installation companies about this and they told me it was legal and ok to do so i dont know whatyer replies are about...your not explaining your answer very well

Terrible attitude! Listen to the advice of experienced engineers and follow the gas regulations or you will kill people!

i want to put the new flue up as far into the old one as possible and seal it up
5" selkirk will not fit inside a 5" copex. What you are planning is a botch job which may become unsafe. Either replace the liner (you will need about 9 or 10m @around ÂŁ15/m) or fit a new boiler elsewhere.

wow, never before have i seen so much proffesional advice given to a man that is clearly going to ignore it.
luckydub, why not post the address of the property, so it can be inspected when you are finished.
that way, your work can be condemned before you kill somebody, their lives possibly saved, you learn not to do it again, and you get to appear on rogue traders !
ask for advice and take it, i do all the time, but dont back chat if you dont like the advice given by several different qualified engineers

My gods! What an incredible display of ignorance and utter stupidity! If I was told "No, lethal" I wouldn't carry on regardless. I'd be thinking of religning the flue!

i didnt explain it right....i want to put the new flue up as far into the old one as possible and seal it up..how will that come apart if its properly sealed...i want like a 45 degree turret bend comin off the outlet of the boiler and fire cement the new flue into the turret

You're a moron. Simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think i had one of those last year from the vat man :lol: Thankfully i passed the test :smile:

Is that the one where he grabs yer jacobs and squeezes until you've no more money left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to back boiler flue damage???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock