Discuss ASD devices on new gas fires? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cobra

hi guys do you know if its law that all new gas fires come with atmospheric sensing devices/oxygen depletion devices?
and which one would operate first an ASD or carbon monoxide alarm fitted in room with open flue gas fire thanks guys

i dont know the answer to the ASD being mandatory but anyone i have seen over the last few years have them, could be mandatory or just product development,
re what goes off first it depends what /where the problem is,
if the flue is blocked or there is down draught the ASD will be hit with hot POC's (which will be CO2 to start with) and should turn off the fire, if CO enters the room from somewhere else the CO alarm will activate, NEVER assume an active CO alarm has been activated from the appliance in the room, it could be entering from somewhere else,

As far as I am aware (unless you fitting in bedroom) an ASD is not mandatory on fires, but as kirkgas I do not recall any newer fires that do not have them.
It is a simple device to incorporate for the manufactures in the interests of safety and looks like it has just been a progression.

As far as I am aware (unless you fitting in bedroom) an ASD is not mandatory on fires, but as kirkgas I do not recall any newer fires that do not have them.
It is a simple device to incorporate for the manufactures in the interests of safety and looks like it has just been a progression.
I thought you couldn't fit gas fires in bedrooms?

asd ,s come on every new fire if it was possible to fit ttb stats on all (of) appliances as well then that should be mandatory but sadly is not

I thought you couldn't fit gas fires in bedrooms?
Unless I am missing some important changes In recent years (which is possible) you are mistaken I believe.
Maybe someone can clarify? Fires under 14 KW gross can be fitted in bedrooms if the relevant safety devices are in place, ASD's etc.

Unless I am missing some important changes In recent years (which is possible) you are mistaken I believe.
Maybe someone can clarify? Fires under 14 KW gross can be fitted in bedrooms if the relevant safety devices are in place, ASD's etc.
yep:28:

Thanks - our business don't fit gas fires so it is not something I am up to date on.
i remember some of my gsr colleagues discussing fires & bedrooms but as you say there were probably other issues like safety devises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ASD devices on new gas fires? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock