Search the forum,

Discuss Are these radiators odd/special sized? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everybody.

I am currently renovating my house and it has come to the time to plaster the lounge. Therefore, I new to remove the old radiators that are in there. They are single skin radiators and look very old. Therefore, I want to replace them. So, I measured them both and promptly went onto google (and typed in standard radiator sizes UK) to source new radiators. However, I can't seem to find replacements at these sizes. Am I doing something wrong?

Radiator 1 (Very long, under a low bay window) 2390w x 450h
Radiator 2 1260 x 600

Your doing nothing wrong your old rads will be imperial measurements new ones metric.
Smaller one quite easy 1200 rad + 2 - 30mm extensions.
Larger one you would probably have to use a 2400 rad. Stelrad do them fairly sure Kartel do them as well

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys. Makes sense now. Now...to confuse things further please allow me to ask...Why are some brands a lot more expensive than others? I presume they are made from the same materials? Also, now I am changing from single skin Rads to double skin do I have to configure them differently because reading up on Google it makes me think I now have to take things like BTU's into account??? I just want to swap these 2 single skin radiators in the lounge for 2 double skin radiators. Can I do this without any problems?

If your existing rads are plain single rads
You will increase output if you use single type k1 / type11 rads if you go for double rads type k2 / type 22 you more than double output and can become dependent on having sufficient pipework size.
As for cost Finish is a bit better on some but in essence look a length of warranty.

Reply to Are these radiators odd/special sized? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock