• Thread starter mountainman
  • Start date
  • Replies 48
  • Views 5K

Discuss Are some of our brethren authoring our own downfall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
£40 for first hour for existing customers, diagnose and give a cost for repair without disclosing what the repair is, new customers are £20 more for first hour, get paid the fee at first visit, that way if they trawl the internet for prices and decide not to have the repair, you got paid for the hour you were there.

I'm only reporting what I was told and I have no reason to disbelieve my source.

If people are genuinely doing contract work for such pathetic money then it will only lead to them eventually complaining about others undercutting them and doing the same job for £2.

By all means plant the seeds of poverty, but do not then complain that the harvest is poor and your family starves.
(MM, proverbs 1.1)

I believe landlords certs locally are down to £25, might explain why I dont have many landlords on my books!

Yes, with a £25 pm maintenance plan, and the usual bonus incentives to staff for any extra work that happens to come out of ncs or 'obsolete' parts!!

As ever some out there do not know their worth. chatting to my merchant recently revealed a local lad who never charged for diagnosing a boiler fault but only the time on the return vist to repair it, how mad is that. I was could a cowboy last week for quoting a load of work that was done by the builder later and she objected to me charging £55 to cut off a hob ready for new kitchen. I still had to get there, provide an end cap tightness test etc etc. Normally it would be £65 for the first hour, but I felt kind that day!!!!!!!!!!

Have look at pimlico prices and reduce accordingly but not too much, your worth more than you think. I am not cheap according to people round here, but Im still working away and dont have to work as hard as those charging peanuts to earn a living, Means I get more time at home with the missus and her horses:)

Yes, with a £25 pm maintenance plan, and the usual bonus incentives to staff for any extra work that happens to come out of ncs or 'obsolete' parts!!

Are you suggesting that their business model might not be concentrating on customer satisfaction ahead of shareholder satisfaction.
Surely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are some of our brethren authoring our own downfall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock