Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Aqua4ma wetroom tray quick question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I'm quoting a wet room tomorrow, the showroom have supplied them with a Aqua4ma recessed tray former and the whole floor will be tiled.

The room will have a corner shower and built in glass screen, does the whole tiled floor need to be tanked or just the shower area?

I normally use Mapei tanking kit in my shower cubicles but here water will be splashing out as there's no door on the 'cubicle'.

Although I'd been fitting bathrooms for 5 years, this is the first wet room I've been asked to do.

normaley only the wet areas need tanking but wouldnt hurt to do the rest. if not where its just walking area waterproof adhesive and grout for the tiles suffice.

You will only need to tank the walls. The aqua4ma tray amd upstanding are waterproof if fitted correctly.

I like to use impregnator aswell but that's just at home as don't do them at work. Found the impey stuff nice , done about 8 now.

normaley only the wet areas need tanking but wouldnt hurt to do the rest. if not where its just walking area waterproof adhesive and grout for the tiles suffice.

That's what I'm thinking.....I'll just tank outwards a couple of feet onto the 6mm Hardiebacker with the remaining shower walls tanking unless anyone says otherwise??

Or do you ALWAYS have to waterproof the entire floor in case the shower drain blocks or something?

Fitted one last week

tanked the walls with mappai elasagum, bud phone was flat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 15
Looks awesome. Did you build stud walls around the shower tray after or does it just look like that? Also, when tiling, I guess you just follow the llines on tray for your cuts do you?

Looks awesome. Did you build stud walls around the shower tray after or does it just look like that? Also, when tiling, I guess you just follow the llines on tray for your cuts do you?
No mate, didnt build Amy walls. That is the size of the room. With these type of tray formers you can cut them down or add a bit more length.
as for the cutting I tend to sit in all the full cut tiles then mark the diagonals with tape, then use a pencil to mark the tape with a straight edge. Then use a wet saw for the cuts, as you need to create a 3 mm joint.
heres the process.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqua4ma wetroom tray quick question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock