Discuss Any Worcester Bosch installers on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
the extra price you pay for them covers the engineer in every town . not te best boiler but he aftr sales service I good but you pay for that when you buy one.

Heat team have 6 or 7 engineers for every Worcester !

If they are so bad how the hell do they manage to sell any, are the chaps on here who are installing them got their heads
in the clouds. Maybe that's why they are selling them in B&Q now, can't sell them to the trade.

No it's because they guarantee if you call them before 10am they will aim to reach you before 7pm that day....... Worcester ....... Yes we will be there on Friday next week between 8 and 5 and we will need a ÂŁ360.00 deposit.

No it's because they guarantee if you call them before 10am they will aim to reach you before 7pm that day....... Worcester ....... Yes we will be there on Friday next week between 8 and 5 and we will need a ÂŁ360.00 deposit.

They will get there, take the case off the boiler, pretend they have taken a water sample and say the system wasn't cleaned and the warranty is now void. They then repeat this throughout the day.

Have WB seen this forum, not that it would worry them I am sure, our views on here are not a true representation of the UK domestic heating industry.

I wonder what Ray Stafford thinks he's got to be the expert on this one

Last edited by a moderator:

I've never had that with worcester. If it's gone down then their out really quick most of. The time next day latest. If it's working still then you have to wait a bit but that's understandable. That could be down to the company fitting hundreds a year.

As for the guarantee they reward installers who fit their boilers regularly so if you are worcester accredited they help you. Great business sense.

I'm not a massive worcester fan I would rather see a Vaillant on the wall but their aftercare and sales are the best in the business. How many times do you spend 20 mins on hold to there tech line? I'm usually through within a minute. It's a free phone number. Yes the parts are plastic but that keeps costs down. My only 1 gripe is the design on most Worcesters going back years is poor and could be a lot better.

I don't personally like any f&ÂŁ!&g boilers or plumbing AT ALL , just the money I earn from it

Safe,

I was like you when I was young, I wanted to be a brain surgeon, my mum said " your not!!! , you'll get a proper job, be a plumber" and here I am with you motley lot.... Jeez if only she had listened to me.:boat: Safe, I think you are having us on, you love been in the trenches with the lads, having said that I think your photo does have a smack of someone who is going places, a cut above the rest, having said that I don't know any plumbing friends who are rolling in it, money I mean!!!

BTW if you don't smell like a plumber when you get home at night your not a real plumber...heeeee :wub: you have a miserable day Gas.

Tony

Safe,

I was like you when I was young, I wanted to be a brain surgeon, my mum said " your not!!! , you'll get a proper job, be a plumber" and here I am with you motley lot.... Jeez if only she had listened to me.:boat: Safe, I think you are having us on, you love been in the trenches with the lads, having said that I think your photo does have a smack of someone who is going places, a cut above the rest, having said that I don't know any plumbing friends who are rolling in it, money I mean!!!

BTW if you don't smell like a plumber when you get home at night your not a real plumber...heeeee :wub: you have a miserable day Gas.

Tony

I often wish I'd listened to my mother...........

Alright guys . I dont mind the worcesters . Fit all kinds and tbo prefer them. But i also like the valliants aswell and baxi. There is only makes that i dislike i.e ferroli ravenheat and alpha. There are a lot if makes i havent had the pleasure of working with like viessman. But on a whole i really like the worcesters. I hope im not setting myself up for abuse. ( ermi). Ive just put my chainmail on incase

Alright guys . I dont mind the worcesters . Fit all kinds and tbo prefer them. But i also like the valliants aswell and baxi. There is only makes that i dislike i.e ferroli ravenheat and alpha. There are a lot if makes i havent had the pleasure of working with like viessman. But on a whole i really like the worcesters. I hope im not setting myself up for abuse. ( ermi). Ive just put my chainmail on incase

I can't promise you wont get any abuse, what about room temperature control, what do you do there, I love marsbars and milkyway you can eat them between meals and not spoil your appetite, another load of old tosh. Kris you are far enough up North not to worry any of us. And what makes you think that Ermi would ever pick on a Scot, he nearly is one.

I was just kidding happy. Usually room control i use the dt10 rf wireless on combi and the same with the system boilers i use the wireless programmable room stat. But have to use diverter instead of motorised.

I just use a fire spring for thermal control - Geordies have the hottest houses ever. Does the room stat go up to 45c?

Areet ermi 32°

I live in argyle and live on toads and frogs. I would love a Worcester green-star in my house !

Everyone will have this need for GAS soon as Russia will turn gas off

Thanks for that Safe, just when I thought I was in for a nice Friday you go and spoil it, I am out hugging trees today with a chainsaw, lots a trees in Scotland and the we are coming for them... always with those negative ways..:74:

Nice one happy . I hope your wrong safegas as weve only recently recieved gas in scotland last week . We still use copper baths , coal fires with backboilers and coal fires in bedrooms. It would be a shame to go back to this eh.

Everyone will have this need for GAS soon as Russia will turn gas off

Safe,

Its not as simple as that, if Russia turns off the gas, they have no income, even Putin is not as daft as that, Russia ain't got much more than Gas, you need
to go and visit Russia if you can, its an eye opener.

My new range of atomic combi boilers will eliminate the gas issue.

AW,

Worcester will be the first out with an Nuclear boiler, be about ÂŁ100 more than the CDi only from B & Q... , BTW GSR
will be phased out then, just bolt it to the wall and turn on, anyone can install them, 30 year half life, see you and me out AW.

Just don't sound right " AW Atomic Boilers " made in the West Midlands

Safe,

Its not as simple as that, if Russia turns off the gas, they have no income, even Putin is not as daft as that, Russia ain't got much more than Gas, you need
to go and visit Russia if you can, its an eye opener.

Have you not heard that Russia is to sign a 30years contract with China ?

Last edited:
My new range of atomic combi boilers will eliminate the gas issue.

Hate to think what the cost for a ticket to work on one of those would be!

stand back I'm just going to change a rod.......it could get a bit warm!!

I'm with happy flyer.

The vast majority of boilers made by WB are top end boilers in their range - in my opinion they are usually in the top 2 the other being a Vaillant. I'd only say that on here though.

The after care in Northern Ireland is very good, the engineers are decent guys who will pull you out and depending when the break down is phoned through are usually fairly quick at dealing with the issues.

Here the out of warranty calls require a deposit of ÂŁ250, but if you have multiple part failure then it is all covered for this price. Vokera do a similar thing - and if the customer can't get you and pays this deposit to be told he his pressure had dropped then there is no refund - before anyone says - he had been shown every year during the service how to top up the pressure!!!

I also like others try my best not to fit a WB, because I too think this accredited installers extra warranty is a joke. Worcester won't let me become one of these guys because "they had too many come on 4 years ago and they already are issuing too many 7 year warranties here". So for the same boiler if Dorothy is getting 3 quotes I will be offering a 5 year warranty and someone could be coming in with a 7 for similar money.

So as far as I'm concerned when i'm asked on the street, Vaillant are a better combi boiler, more reliable according to recent Which? Reports (a play on words this bit as they were more reliable until the most recent report Which? did which has the WB more reliable), have better after sales, can get parts easier for and didn't have a fan issue like WB did on their most common Junior Greenstar a few years ago.

I reckon you'd still get daft complaints, like it smells when I put it on and the hot water takes age to come through.

I reckon you'd still get daft complaints, like it smells when I put it on and the hot water takes age to come through.

gc.jpg GSR smell detector tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any Worcester Bosch installers on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock