Search the forum,

Discuss Anton amg 50 gas sniffer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Im thinking about buying a sniffer. Just want to know if these are any good for pin pointing leaks, what are there limitations or is it just worth using ldf

I use a gasco seeker everyday. Brilliant but expensive.

It depends what you need It for and what budget. You can get sniffers that are much cheaper and just beep when there's a certain amount of gas present.

I have the add on for for my Anton V2 heavy on the battery but fantastic piece of kit.

Ide be using it to find very small leaks in domestic propertys. Not really on a regular basis. I would really want to know there limitations. How much for gasco and who makes them

I have the anton and would recommend it bud , gasco seeker a bit over kill for domestic .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anton amg 50 gas sniffer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Recently noticed a gas smell coming from my ideal classic RS50 boiler. Cadent have been out and confirmed a small leak and capped off the gas. The question I have though is that the gas smell only appears when the boiler fires up not when the pilot is burning normally. Gas smell continues as...
Replies
Views
M
I recently purchased a new Anton pro (reluctantly) as the Anton sprint 2 is now obsolete (even though there's nothing wrong with it) so I want to use it as a spare manometer, temp sensor etc, everything apart from the analysis. However the menu is blocked with a calibration alert message and...
Replies
Views
Marc myles
M
Hello, What would cause an intermittent gas leak around a boiler? In the evenings there is a strong smell of gas coming from the boiler. I got a gas sniffer from Screwfix and it detects gas in the kitchen and squeals when near the boiler. A plumber inspected the boiler, in total they...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at the above, hoping it will be a good all-purpose tool for repairing our 2 megawatt furnaces. I'm a bit unsure if I need any of the options on it, I don't want to overcomplicate things, but don't want to miss anything out I want to use it for pressure testing and leak testing too...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to light. One has to push a lot more firmly down on the control slide to get it to light. At which point, all is fine. The pilot is good, new battery...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock