Search the forum,

Discuss am tech pipe slice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought an Am tech 28mm pipe slice the other day,, most of other plumbing tools i use are top quality,, but as i'am only a diy plumber probably wont use it that often, thought id buy it because its cheap,, but the quality of this product is really shocking,, so i open'd it up, move'd the parts round a bit,, filed it down a bit, put a new wheel in it and its not that bad now... so what im asking is are all Am tech tools this bad or just picked a bad one up... thanks men

i think the only good 28mm pipeslice is the monument one, have tried all the others and they are all poor compared.

the amtech 15 and 22 are ok, but the 28 is poor.

of course amtech dont make them, as with all the others they are made in the same few factorys in china.

Am tech are cheap junk and as you have found the quality is terrible. The kind of stuff you buy at markets and pound shops. Use once and bin.

the amtech 15 and 22mm slices i have are identical to the rothenberger/kopex except the name on the side. work fine for me. I would not normally buy some of the other junk they sell.

The rothenburger ones that they sell at Screw Fix are also crap. They're made from plastic.....so when you put it on the pipe, it stretches. Meaning you have to spin it about ten times to make a cut.

Last edited:
The rothenburger ones that they sell at Screw Fix are also crap. They're made from plastic.....so when you put the on the pipe, it stretches. Meaning you have to spin it about ten times to make a cut.

and being made of plastic means they have little effect when thrown at the apprentice

My Am-tech pipe slice did not even fit onto the 28mm pipe!! Utter rubbish, my plastic rothenberger 28mm was also short lived, the plastic body made it spiral!
Buy cheap buy twice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to am tech pipe slice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock