Currently reading:
Alrighty all

Discuss Alrighty all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RustyBaw

Hi all, looking to get back into work after being ill for a while. Decided starting afresh training as a plumber a while back, now's the time to get cracking. Any advice at all would be welcomed. Spoke to both the job centre and careers advice and was advised modern apprenticeships funding to be cut by the new government. Looks like it's going to be even harder to get into the industry than before but where there's a will there's a way. Done a fair bit of research, seems like there's a lot of training centres out there ready to take you for a ride, an expensive one at that, also a lot of false info about making a fortune etc. I could be wrong though. Like I said though, any info, advice at all would be appreciated, I'll be 29 soon, no previous experience but I am determined. Thinking along the lines of working for free as a plumbers mate to get my foot in the door, after that, learning and grafting.

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hi RustyBaw and welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk!

Hi Rusty

Hope you enjoy the forums,to get into plumbing is not easy at the moment,never know you maybe the one in the right place at the right time,good luck

Cheers Puddle, hopefully with a bit of luck like you said I'll find a way in. Any advice on the best route to take? I'm guessing as the economy picks up there should be more demand??

Same to you madharris, cheers mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rusty,

Welcome to the forum & industry ! Yes its harder to break into but just remember Who dares wins !!!:):):) Good luck

Cheers Copperman111, here's daring!

Cheers Steveb

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alrighty all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back