Discuss Alpha C27 Squealing When Hot Water is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a Alpha C27 Combi Gas Boiler which has started making a squealing noise when the hot water is on, no noise with central heating. It still makes the noise when the boiler is switched off at mains and hot tap running

I have found that if I reduce the water flow at the mains stopcock the noise goes away, however I would prefer a higher flow rate.

So I would be pleased to receive your thoughts/comments to what this might be, i.e. heat exchanger/flow regulator

No definitely the boiler as the noise happens when any of the hot taps in house are on, I thought it might be a flow regulator fault or even the heat exchanger.

Anyone any ideas

Last edited:
I would say you have a slight breakdown of a part inside of your boiler.

To which I can't say. But shouldn't cost you much to have repaired by a suitably qualified engineer

If you wish to have a go on your own. Good luck. Will prob cost you more in the long run!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha C27 Squealing When Hot Water is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back