Search the forum,

Discuss Aga w/ Primary feeds (Draining) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Afternoon ladies and Gents,

got a query I’m hoping some of you can help me with.
Mate and work colleague is doing some work at a house renovating areas of it. I’m doing some standard bits and bibs there but he has asked me about something I’m actually unsure of.

it’s regarding an AGA with feeds to a cylinder. I’ve never actually worked on an Aga that’s supplying a cylinder so want to double check a few things. Could anyone tell me if/what will be repainting the heat to the cylinder as there just be some type of shut off?
Also is there a different procedure or anything else to look out for if there needed to be drained and re configured/re-routed?

many thanks
Paul

7B5A77FB-7C2D-4813-A0B3-232D36783E28.jpeg

Thats an oil fired Aga with Toby OCV I believe. The Aga will have to go off the night before you commence the work.
Drain down the system as you would normally and do what you need to, then refil and relight the burner. However having said that these cookers ideally need to be serviced every six months or so, so with the Aga out of use it might be worth getting someone in to service the burner and relight it when the system is filled again.

Just to clarify as well. It's says Rayburn on the flue dampter box, so I imagine that's a Rayburn and not an Aga, everything else I said above still applies though.

As above that's a ancient rayburn regal long since converted from solid fuel to oil. Will tend to use oil like there's a hole in the tank!
The old steel pipework should be fun as well.

Reply to Aga w/ Primary feeds (Draining) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock