Search the forum,

Discuss Advice request re. garden hose outlet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

Found your forum after a quick google.

I was wondering if you could advise me on how I can fix my garden hose outlet. I have zero experience with plumbing, but have done a bit of diy so have a decent set of tools to work with.

I just moved into a new home some months ago and what with the hot/dry weather I am needing to use a hose. As you can see in the attached pictures, the current state of the water outlet is no good.

What do I need to buy to re-attach the loose piece? Can I turn off the water mains so I can work with the pipe?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• DSC_4347.JPG
    DSC_4347.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_4349.JPG
    DSC_4349.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_4350.JPG
    DSC_4350.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 9
Get a 15mm compression 90, take off white fitting by pushing ring on top in and pull off. See if pipe can be pushed out a bit and get that stop end off, pull olive by wriggling it side to side with grips and pull it off or cut with junior hack saw.

Would that be one of these? Compression Equal 90° Elbows 15mm 2 Pack - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/compression-equal-90-elbows-15mm-2-pack/91568

Also, do I need to worry about winter time freezing? I'm thinking I can attach a flexible tap connector to the wall so that I can remove it in winter time and let it drain out. Perhaps that is what was done previously with the white fitting.
I also heard about non-return valves, how do i know if the existing bib tap has a non-return valve?

Last edited:

Reply to Advice request re. garden hose outlet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock