Discuss advice on worcester descale products to use etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danielp

Evening all, Have been asked to descale the plate on a worcester condensing boiler as poor hot water. I haven't descaled one before I have mainly replaced them. I have a kamco machine to connect to the hot and cold, my question is can i use something as fierce as fx2 that i have or just use something like fernox ds2 or kamco scale breaker and can i reverse circulation and have the boiler running when circulating in normal flow.

Many thanks in advance

Daniel

Hi Dan, take out the plate heat before descaling. Kamco supply adapters that screw to the plate then you can descale the mains water way with FX2 reversing flow. When you stop getting bubbles from the scale breaking down you are done. I usually give the primary side a blast too then neautralise both and refit plate with new seals. Did one yesterday just had text from customer well happy as hot water not worked so well for ages :)

i would have thought if you need to take it out replace it, but having said that getting them out is a fun job done one myself.

I find them easy to get out, as long as there is play on the installation pipework. Free the PHE, move the hot water supply pipe out of the way and wiggle it through the gap.

that sounds like a good way of getting them out , i remember on a worcester course the guy said that you could get the plate out on the 24i s by wiggling it down the pipework at the back. next time i will try that cos i took all the guts out and its a bit more work, especially the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice on worcester descale products to use etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back