Discuss Advice on draining my central heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiffi77

Hi,

I want to drain my central heating system to allow me to fit TRV's to the radiators in the bedroom and also put some cleaner through the system.

I can't seem to find a drain point on the pipework, however there seems to be a drain on the pipework at the rear of the boiler (manual calls this a drain cock), the boiler is an old floor mounted Potterton Kingfisher II, is this likely to be the drain point for the complete system?
Any help/advice greatly received, Jeff.

not 100% but i would say the drain cock at the back of the boiler would drain the whole system, an if its floor mounted like you say it will be low enough to empty the system, just make sure you put some dust sheets down when your fitting your trv's as i find theres always a bit of water left

isolate the lowest rad valve remove the radiator and make you self a piece of hose up with a piece of copper fitted tightly into the hose then put the appropriate fitting on the copper pipe to fit your rad valve , undo the valve and hey presto water draining down

alos got a new rad valve with a drain off fitted to put back on this time round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on draining my central heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock