Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed with my Hive Multi-zone and unvented tank in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'd appreciate a bit of advice about my hot water and heating system..
So, we moved into a new build about 5 months ago and we have a TheraQ ProLite SS 250 unvented tank, we also have a gas boiler and Hive multizone. My understanding is that the boiler sends hot water to the tank to heat up the coil inside, which then heats the water in the tank (feel free to correct me) With the price of everything increasing, I thought it made sense to not have the water constantly being heated when not being used, but how do I do this? Since we moved in my Hive app under the water section was set to off and I didn't change this because it seemed to be working fine and always hot water on demand. Yesterday I decided to set the schedule for a couple of hours in the morning and again in the evening, but I'm not sure if this is just giving it an extra boost on top of it already doing it's own thing and actually costing more instead of less.. I'd be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this for me.
Cheers

Reply to Advice needed with my Hive Multi-zone and unvented tank in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock