Search the forum,

Discuss ACS Practice exam website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

ukgas

Hi people. Have been browsing the forums for a while, a wealth of good information on here! Found the website whilst searching for online ACS practice exams. It seems there is nothing on the web regarding this. Have knocked up a quick website with an exam on. Don't want to come across as a spammer so if anybody's interested, PM me and I'll send a link across. Hope it can be of help to some of the youngsters preparing for there ACS. Will be adding some more papers once I get some spare time. Cheers.

acs exam

Hi
Im will be very aprisiate for that im student in colledge now and in april im have acs assesment.Any help will be good for me.thank you for eford
THX Robert

Hi Robert, You have a PM. Hope its of some help to you. Good luck!

I'll take a link aswell please. Something to keep my knowledge up to scratch in the meantime while I look for a job. Cheers

Tried messaging the OP asking for a look at his ACS website but got this message:

[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • ukgas has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Hmmm...

You need a submit button

Thanks ukgas, I'll check that link out when I get a chance.

As for you Zeb - we all know you subit to anything, dirty boy!

Link for me as well please.

i rob would be. Much appreciated as I'm just in depth of working out test installation volume and just seem to get the equations right

Ok here's the link
TEST INSTALLATION VOLUME
VP VF VM
Summary
Volume of fittings= volume of pipework ÷10
Installation volume =pipework volume +fittings volume +meter volume :8:

Make it easy for yourself.

VP = Volume of pipework - 8m of 22mm = 8 x 0.00032 (The volume of 1m of pipe.) = 0.00256

Fittings equals 10% of that so the easiest way is times by 1.1 - 0.00256 x 1.1 = 0.002816

Or work out your 10% and add it to your vp so 10% of 0.00256 = 0.000256. Add this to your VP so VP + 10% = 0.00256 + 0.000256 = 0.002816.

VM u6 meter = 0.008

VT = VM + VP (10% already added) - 0.008 + 0.002816 = 0.010816.

Cake and pie.

Thanks croppie.. But you even went another way round .. Is that 0.00256 the total velocity for 1m after the multiplication..?? Won't ask any more questions. Bit confusing but I'll settle down soon
Thanks again :8:

Is that not converting Gross to Nett when doing that though croppie..??

Slow down spanner, you're getting very confused here!
put the book down and relax tonight!

Thanks croppie.. But you even went another way round .. Is that 0.00256 the total velocity for 1m after the multiplication..?? Won't ask any more questions. Bit confusing but I'll settle down soon
Thanks again :8:

Ahhhhhhhh I see where you're getting confused. These calculations are for volume! Don't worry about velocity! Don't even worry about pressures either!

1m of 22mm = 0.00032m3, so 8m of 22mm = 8 x 0.00032m3 = 0.00256m3

Easier?

phew.. Thanks mate.. Thinking you're actually right and to be honest with you I got jammed last night with it and it turns out without a method.. Well I'm going to weigh in now and get on the top of this ivp vf vm tomaz.. Thanks for the help boys.
You give me the need when I needed it most...
Hopefully I can do the same thing for the next contender... Cheers :sleep1::sleep1:

Fantastic croppie ... A shame that I can't owe you one..
But wish you a merry Christmas :43:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS Practice exam website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock