Discuss ACS done again, 5 more years to go. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe isolation test. You cannot do it with just a volt pen. You need a multi meter

No Harvest I was not meaning a safe isolation test mate where your trusty multi meter comes in. ACS just require us to use a volt pen on the gas pipe to make sure there was not any voltage running along the pipework before we touch any part of the installation and that was it.

No Harvest I was not meaning a safe isolation test mate where your trusty multi meter comes in. ACS just require us to use a volt pen on the gas pipe to make sure there was not any voltage running along the pipework before we touch any part of the installation and that was it.
Ohhhhhhh ok.

Totally agree with JTS , it's a complete sham and disgrace that they fleece us for money.
Shold be one day a year refresher course.

Dunno why we all protest to the HSE about it.

I feel the same mate. This may just be my last time as well. we'll see in 5 years if the knees and back are still up to it :D.

Yep it took a lot of thought for me to do it again ,I nearly didnt . I can easily survive on plumbing work , plumbers are harder to find that gas men IMO.

Yep it took a lot of thought for me to do it again ,I nearly didnt . I can easily survive on plumbing work , plumbers are harder to find that gas men IMO.

Plenty of 'plastic' so called plumbers about! but almost impossible to find a good reliable, experienced old school apprentice trained copper man like us guys now a days. Dread to think what the industry will be like in another 10-15 yrs. Glad i'll be out of it by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS done again, 5 more years to go. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock