Search the forum,

Discuss Able Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumbersMate

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am thinking of doing my Gas at Able Skills. My question is, if I do the 3 week New Entrant Programme, and subsequent Portfolio completion and then Initial ACS Assessment, will I then have enough recognised certification a to get Gas Safe Registered and more importantly get work doing Gas? Basically are the qualifications/certificates I get nationally recognised?

ACS certs are the real deal but whether having them would get you a job is another thing.

Oh I fully understand that, just didn't want to shell out for something that means nothing to a potential employer, thanks tamz

Plumbers mate, I am next door in the plumbers workshop, just completed my 2nd week. Of course if someone provides educational qualities they have to follow what is set out by its governing body ie City and Guilds, Gas Safe....blah balh blah.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Able Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme (apprenticeship) I am now qualified in CCN1, CENWAT, MET1, Unvented, CONGLP1PD. I need to get my CONGLP1-LAV as that is the work I am hoping to predominately do...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hey, I'm a new entrant and I've just completed my 2 year training course and have my final week gas assessment next week. I was just looking for some advice on what I can expect? (I'm not asking for answers or cheat sheets, just what the final assessment week intales so I can be best prepared)...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock