Discuss A Water problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SMD

Both my upstairs and downstairs toilets are filling up very very slowly and now my shower is just giving out HOT water no matter how much you adjust the dial so im thinking that there must be a blockage in my cold water pipe thats feeds all these.
Where would be the best place to start to look or how is best way to go about finding a solution?
Thanks in Advance Steve

hi are the toilets and shower mains fed or from a tank in the loft?

I would be looking at the tank in your loft(assuming it is fed from a tank as you dont mention your kitchen tap) could be a blockage in the tank itself or in the cold feed pipe.

thats what i was thinking just waiting for confirmation from the op as to feed

As above. See if the water in your cwsc is warm. Or feel the pipes to your wc's, maybe they're warm. If so, your shower valve may be letting by on the cold side- hot water displace cold-airlock-faulty valve?

maybe uncovered tank in loft and debris getting in and being drawn down outlet blocking pipe maybe insulation

Sorry everybody that I have taken so long to reply but yes the water to the toilets is fed from a cold water tank but I assumed the shower was mains fed.

I havent taken the shower apart yet so im not too sure. The shower problem has only just happened so I was thinking it might be connected to the toilet problem.

not too sure about the shower problem usually when electric showers fail it's the heating that stops not the cooling lol

the only way i can see the cold fail but hot not is if the shower were a power shower with two feeds. which would then mean same problem as toilets.

It must be an airlock on the cold. If you flushed toilets together or had shower running and flushing the same time it could've happened then perhaps.
I don't know how I got faulty shower valve, I read that toilets were giving out hot water????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A Water problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock