Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss A life changing decision PLEASE Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluemoon147852

hi im after some information that could and hopefully will change my life. iv been in the construction industry since i was 16 im now 22 and after bricklaying for 4 years and 2 years at a electrical company iv decided i want to get into plumbing. iv really enjoyed and found it really interesting doing the plumbing work on my house that iv been doing up (which iv probably been doing wrong can i add haha).

I was wondering what courses suit me best as i want to learn around my current job.

I understand that there is plenty of people out there that have been in the same situation as me so your advice would be really appreciated

Not wanting to dampen your enthausiasm which at your age you have a lot,i would do a lot of research into future skill shortage,it could be anything from ,train driver,dietician,undertaker,dentist,driller.No one really knows the answer finding the right one would be ''life changing''.Plenty of places will take a lot of money of you and promise you could earn ''50 grand a year'',and you will be one of the young chaps on here begging to work for nothing for experience.Call me an old fart but jumping out of bed at 6 to do a full days work for nothing will soon dampen your enthausiasm.IMO the world is going to drastically change in the next 20 years,governments dont want plumbers to earn the same as graduates,hence the policy of flooding the markets,fast training for tradesmen,doctors training hasnt got any shorter,but plumbers certainly has. (moderator i am still waiting for invite to plumbers arms ) cant you tell i have nothing on this morning:cry_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A life changing decision PLEASE Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock