Discuss 1GB internet phone use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kirkgas

i know its not plumbing, but i'm a plumber and its my phone so i'm asking in here !!
thinking of getting a new phone for private use only, so thought i might as well get an internet one, with virgin at the mo and can get 600mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of internet per month for £15, however 1GB means nothing to me, so over you you lot, in reality what does 1GB equal? i plan to use while im wainting on my boys in the BB's, the swimming, the footy etc basically as their taxi driver i find myself hanging about waiting on them

Im pretty sure for browsing and what not 1GB is plenty

For downloading music and apps you will need more

A quick call to the network sand they will tell you that 1gb equals xxxx amount of webpages etc

I have 1gb and when I spoke to phone provider I was told it equates to approx 1 hour a day of normal web use. Obv if you start downloading loads of stuff it will get eaten up quickly.

i get a quarter of that (250Mb) and have never come close to using it and i would have usage as you mention, remember there are also wireless networks around which you can use and this doesnt count. if you have bt internet at home you can also use any bt wireless network you may find when out and about. by the way, thats a good deal for 15 quid.

1gb is a lot - in fact many people surfing more than an hour a day, would use a lot less . . .

You will be fine for generel internet use, without having to worry about it - just dont go watching videos and the like, as you will tear through you allowance gairly quickly!

I am not sure, but it would pay to check, presuming it is an andriod phone you have, for an app which keeps track of your monthly allowance - I am sure there is something like that out there . . .

1gb is a lot - in fact many people surfing more than an hour a day, would use a lot less . . .

You will be fine for generel internet use, without having to worry about it - just dont go watching videos and the like, as you will tear through you allowance gairly quickly!

I am not sure, but it would pay to check, presuming it is an andriod phone you have, for an app which keeps track of your monthly allowance - I am sure there is something like that out there . . .

good idea, cheers, if i find one i will advise on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1GB internet phone use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock