Discuss 10mm plastic pipe for boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non barrier 10mm hep2o gave 10mm a bad name. The dreaded flakes:32:

Sized up correctly with short runs, it should work well. After all, you wouldn't wire up a lamp in cooker cable? .
still prefer the look of 15mm though.

Love one of the earlier comments, that you can't get 15mm behind plasterboard! Does nothing get chased in anymore? What's that ticking noise behind the plasterboard ? That will be the surface clipped poly tight between the board and block then!:smartass:

Its all about design. You can only push so much energy down a pipe. the smaller the less. Properly designed system will see you OK. Hence most go for 15mm to each radiator, although 10mm might work sufficiently, depending on distance and demand.

Nothing wrong with 10mm it works, its neat and its cheaper to install. Micro bore got a bad name in the 60s and 70s but materials and working practices have moved on system are or should be running inhibitor at all times and there's usually no open vents to draw in oxygen and dirt
Along with all the 15mm buried in the floor screed that still haunts us to this day you mean ?

If you fully chase plastic pipe into hardwall will it cause it to crack?

If you use plasterboard should the pipe still be aprtially chased in rather than touching the plasterboard?

10mm is fine for small to med sized rads( like on new build) with a run less than 5m from manifold/ larger pipework.

its all down to buget in the end, your the customer and if you want a certain thing and want to pay for it then thats what you should fit.

15mm and 22mm for the win for sure! I use 10mm in places and don't mind plstic aslong as no joints buried etc.

BUT in my own house i fitted full system in 15/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10mm plastic pipe for boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock