Search the forum,

Discuss Would you rather? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Do a job you enjoy but be paid an average salary or do a job that brings little satisfaction but pays extremely well?

been a question that was floated on site yesterday so far it's s 50/50 split of 8 people..

i went ant with doing a job I enjoy, what you guys saying

Its hard if you havent experienced both sides and i havent. I think i would go for the average salary nice job. But could be tempted to do a few years of the shiiiiiit job high salary if it meant i could pay my mortgage off or make a serious dent into it.

I used to work in IT in investment banks. It paid absolute shyteloads of money but I hated it. Now I earn less than 20% of what I used to but wake up every morning looking forward to my day. The high earning years helped me get on the property ladder, and then back on after the ex-wife ravaged my finances. I'm grateful for that but it's no way to live a life, doing something you hate and find stressful.

Me too.

Was paid mega wonga, keep getting calls / email for jobs from agency and companies, but I this job has very little stress involved at all. The money is good. Some people would kill for the jobs we complain about.

Variety it's the spice of life....... Errrrrr no it's not i will have porridge every day ta

I've always chased the money. I'd switch jobs for an extra 20 quid a day and I've earnt obscene amounts of money. Then my kids came along and I realised that I'd rather be at home weekends and early afternoon most days. I still earn ok and we're surviving. Depends what makes you happy. You can't buy back quality time. If you're young and I mean like early 20s I'd say go for it before the family grows and the knees start creeking.

Salary every time. I've tried jobs that were well paid but because everyone was on price it was a nightmare and you ended up taking longer to do what you needed to.

After my bankruptcy I also found out that money isn't everything, as long as you have a roof over your head and food in your belly then that's good enough for me.

What you calling extremely well paid tho?
2 k a week? 3 k a week?
I find no matter what you earn never seems enough.

1 K a week is rich enough for me :lol:
I don't think i could be bothered with 7 days a week 12 hours a day now, like to spend more time chilling out and enjoying seeing the family grow up :)

The older I get , the more I realise money is sweet FA , ' YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR WEALTH '

I've never made loads of cash but I've always enjoyed what I do wether that be Army or plumbing, used to think work hard play hard but now I'm work hard and go to bed at 10 haha

The more I earn the more I waste!

I'd go for the job that pays well, at least whilst I'm young, I don't live to work, I work so that I can live

I'm all for the steady but enjoyable earner.

I was offered very silly money for some contracting in hostile areas when I left the forces. Needless to say I knocked it back and went to work for a local bathroom company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would you rather? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock