Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Would someone please explain what the various ports on a riello pump are for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kapicitta

Hi there, I have managed to get an old riello 40 burner from a friend at college. The reason why I got the pum p was to learn the various parts of it and what they are for and how to take it apart etc. My aim is to do my oftec exam later on after I complete my level 3 in plumbing. The burner has no electric plug on it, it is not connected up on any way, it is just for theory and practice work.
The parts on the pump are labeled
1) suction line
2)return line
3)by pass screw
4)gauge connection
5)pressure adjuster
6)vacume gauge connection
7)valve
8)auxillary pressure test point

riello-pump-layout.jpg

Hi there, I have managed to get an old riello 40 burner from a friend at college. The reason why I got the pum p was to learn the various parts of it and what they are for and how to take it apart etc. My aim is to do my oftec exam later on after I complete my level 3 in plumbing. The burner has no electric plug on it, it is not connected up on any way, it is just for theory and practice work.
The parts on the pump are labeled

1) suction line
Oil goes in.

2)return line
Unburned oil cycles back out, usually to a deaerator or sometimes just a tee on the suction line.

3)by pass screw
Creates an internal bypass. MUST be installed when a return oil line (See #2) is used. Not all maufacturers pumps are the same, check MI's.

4)gauge connection
Where you connect your pressure gauge.

5)pressure adjuster
Where you adjust the pump pressure - a fraction of a turn at a time and ONLY to be adjusted when you have your pressure gauge connected. You will find this is the most common problem you'll come across where people try to bleed their oil lines from here.

6)vacume gauge connection
Where you connect your vacuum gauge to give you an indication as to whether or not the pump is sucking. Also the ideal place to bleed the pump from.

7)valve
Sends pressurised oil through to the burner nozzle

8)auxillary pressure test point
Does what it says on the tin. If you're looking at an R40 rather than an RDB this is where the damper ram is piped into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Croppie,thank you so very much for your reply and taking the time to explain thoroughly what each port does. You should be tested for ESP abilities because that is the very diagram I am using.....
hehehehe. Seriously, thank you so much again Croppie for your help, I appreciate it very much. You are amazing and agreat addition to this forume.......thumbs up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would someone please explain what the various ports on a riello pump are for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock