Discuss Working for builders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballandco

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've just got a new builder contact and have done some first fix plumbing & heating works on a property up town , I was told payment is every 2 weeks , 5 weeks later I have finally been paid today followed by a phone call straight after asking me to come back and second fix , the contact seems all rite but he's got a partner I haven't met that sorts the money's etc . Just after people's thoughts about going back , I don't wanna let him down but I can't be bothered with the stress of chasing again . They also sent me plans of 3 new builds to price but again if regular payments aren't there I don't wanna no , go back or wide birth cheers

Tell them you'll go back when payments made. Or ask for 70% in good faith to go back, and then don't!

Well, you win some you loose some. I'd not bother going back, though I'd phone them and arrange a day to attend and resolve the 'issues' but when the day comes, I'd just not go there. Then make another arrangement and not turn up till they get the message. That will definitely upset the client as well (serves them right).
Should you choose to go back, my gut instinct says you'll have to beat them up to get your money. Better loose a days work than a weeks work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working for builders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back