Discuss Worcestr bosch fitted by non gas safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BILLBOY

Hi There
re Boiler installed
I need some advise and help I had a boiler installed recently the guy showed me his gas safe card
which I checked after he left before agreeing to have the boiler fitted. He also said that he was a Worcester Bosch accredited installer ???????
It now turns out that he was not covered to fit gas boilers I never spotted it I thought gas safe registered was all you needed to be When I never received the building compliance certificate I phoned gas safe and they told me he should not have done the work and to make a complaint, which I have now done.
The question now is how hard will it be to get it registered with gas safe for building regs

I believe it needs to be dismantled and re installed
and it come with a 6 year guaranty is that worth any thing.
Ps I live in Truro

It may not be a drastic as a reinstall but it definitely needs checking. Get a gsr to visit in conjunction with gas safe and you'll get your answer almost immediately as to what needs to be done to make your installation legal.

Turn it off for now though, if you haven't done so already.

Actually..... Been thinking more on this. There's a lot doesn't add up.

I'll take a look with a clear head in the morning.

Very fishy, all very strange. At least you had the sense to ask for his GSR card even if it didn't get you very far. I have never been asked to see GSR card (in only 15 months) but have been asked if i'm GSR and that was when I was repairing a toilet, the customer couldn't light their fire so asked me to do it.

Well Billy Boy that will learn you to pay more attention, Hell mend you :lol:

I've never been asked for my gas safe card either. I've been self employed 5 year or so.

None asks, but gas safe badge on adverts, transport and round my neck with the gas safe holder thing. Usually suggest they look me up on the register to satisfy themselves before I come.

i dont think you can get the worcester bosch warranty now tbh. Its been fitted, theres nothing to change this fact. You can get an installer to check it but even if he removes and refits its i dont think worcester will warranty it as its been installed and running already. Unless your asking the next gas safe installer to not tell the truth to the manifacturer.

you live and learn.

But then knowing what Worcester are like they may uphold their warranty as a show of good faith and as a promotional schtick if, and only if, the OP was conned.

been through this with a gas safety inspector. to have it commissioned they asked for the boiler to be removed from the wall! they wanted the fixing bracket inspected. so basically a reinstall.

What I would do is to contact Worcester B - just go straight to technical sales dont bother with anybody else - then explain your situation - ask for their local verified installer - to come and do whats requierd pay him and ask them at the same time will they THEN they will uphold their guarantee. If they refuse I would be suprised -

But let us know how you get because collectively we can have some clout on here - well actually we send Mrs Croppie :90: CHK

been through this with a gas safety inspector. to have it commissioned they asked for the boiler to be removed from the wall! they wanted the fixing bracket inspected. so basically a reinstall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for you replies just to add some more facts this is shown on the gas safe site for the :censored: that fitted it
Domestic, out of ours work
GAS TYPE LPG NATURAL GAS CARAVANS COMBUSTION ANALYSIS, COOKER, METER, PIPEWORK, Vented Cyl, Water Heater,

HIS photo on worcester b site under real-life-product-installations
I now have to pay out to have it removed and refitted refitted thats if any is willing to put there name down

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcestr bosch fitted by non gas safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock