Discuss Worcester 38 CDi Classic combi whistling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt06

Gas Engineer
Hello, fitted worcester 38CDi classic combi yesterday, this morning customer switched it off as it was whistling/humming quite loudly

It seems to be when the fan runs at a certain speed

Fine all the other times

Called WB tech got passed to 3 people 3rd said it may be Membrane where air/gas mix sending a technician out on Monday to check

At first i thought could be the case not fitted properly and vibrating, It does it with the front cover off but it isn't quite so loud

Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue / Any thoughts

Thanks

as far as i can see there is enough clips on the pipes, theres only about 2 foot between bottom of boiler to work top 2 clips on each pipe in this space and hot, cold and gas go below the worktop which i don't know how many clipsare on these , rest go up the wall in a cupboard which is clipped every meter and then through the ceiling joists

What was your combustion readings like , and the gas rate test was that satisfactory ?

Hi, Yes combustion readings spot on and gas rate , but lowered CO2 on max rate which quitened it down quite alot,

I've had that one before sounds like a plane taking off Lol new membrain sorts it

Register plate, or membrane if you like sometimes go through ant touch the fan blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 38 CDi Classic combi whistling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock