Discuss Wood Burning stoves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi folks,

Anyone here install wood burning stoves? Me and the missus are in the process of buying a wood burner purely as a fire/radiator, not to heat the water/heating! We've been looking at Rika and Hwam modern style fires. They ain't cheap!

I was wondering whether anyone has had any experience with these manufacturers or installed any of their stoves. I'm not looking to install myself but at a 4k potential cost would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers, Steve. :)

post a link to the manufactures website/s

why not fit it yourself?

why not fit it yourself?

HWAM fire is this one [DLMURL="http://www.hwam.com/products/modern+classic+selection/hwam+monet/hwam+monet+with+soapstone"]HWAM Monet - with soapstone[/DLMURL]

Rika is this [DLMURL="http://www.rika.at/en/eco/"]RIKA | Woodburning stove | Eco[/DLMURL]

Thinking about it, coz I hadn't until you asked the question, I don't know why it didn't cross my mind to fit it myself other than it being wood! I'm assuming you need some qualifications to install wood burners? You do don't you? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look [DLMURL="http://www.stovesareus.co.uk/catalog/home-wood-antibes-soapstone-woodburning-stove-p-6087.html"]here [/DLMURL] and fit it yourself as above or go on the HETAS course

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers ecowarm ... I've been doing some delving regards qualifications! Weird isn't it.... All you have to do is register the installation by the looks of it!

Thanks for the site link :) The missus is at weigh****chers :lol: So I'll give here a butchers at the web site! :biggrin:

Cheers ecowarm ... I've been doing some delving regards qualifications! Weird isn't it.... All you have to do is register the installation by the looks of it!

Thanks for the site link :) The missus is at weigh****chers :lol: So I'll give here a butchers at the web site! :biggrin:

Why would weight - watchers bring up the ***** ... weird :lol:

hetas course is good, but not worth it unless your looking to install as part of your bussiness. You can pay building control to sign off the work if you cant get a hetas engineer to do it. Make sure your check the appliance is suitable for your area ie. smoke-less fuel compliant and follow manufactures instructions. Part J of the building regs covers alot of stuff like ventilation, fireplace/hearth design, flueing standards and clearances etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wood Burning stoves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is it possible to install a wood burning stove with an air to water heat pump? I was speaking to a few plumbers who have said this is not possible...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
D
I'm looking for a heating engineers/old school plumber to put in a Combi boiler (possibly Intergas) replacing very old open vent system in...
Replies
Views
C
My parents house has a wood burning stove that is also connected to the central heating ( they have radiators and used to have an old boiler which...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock