Discuss Which Combi Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
A question for all the gas installers out there.

Went to price up two full systems yesterday, both conventional open vented systems, both want everything ripping out and starting again with combi boilers. Will be getting a mate of mine who's gas safe to do his bits whilst I do pipework and rads.

So what combi's should I go for, looking at about 14 l/min on the domestic hot water flow.
Looking for value for money. i.e. not the cheapest, but decent price v reliability.

Cheers.

How about the glowworm ultracom 2 - 35cxi combi is 14.6 l/min

You need to consider the CH requirement as well as the HW, otherwise you will find that the boiler cannot modulate low enough.

Use the Boiler Size Calculator to find out what the heating requirement is. You must deduct 2kW from the answer as it assumes a HW cylinder.

Now compare this to the heating output of the proposed boiler. As it is a combi, the max CH output will probably be well above what is required; it's the lowest output which is more important. Ideally the lowest output of the boiler should be below the calculated output - the lower the better.

Worcester 37cdi. Dont even consider the glowworm, its awful.

I would go for the Worcester 37 CDi as well all the customer whant is good hot water flow.

intergas they knock spots of the cheaply made cdi

Thanks for the responses.

I was slightly biased towards the 37cdi before I started this thread as I install the oil worcesters as preference, but wanted a view on the other options ou there.

Cheers.

not impressed with worcesters, potterton gold/heatmax 33he or if they can afford it baxi duotec 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Combi Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock